Real Estate Agent – Customers: what are the relations?Topic: Home buying
As the matter of fact real estate industry, is the separate world were lived real estate agents and customers and where they build long term relationship with each other
I remembered on reading about an interview which was conducted by local journalist with one of the richest and famous people in the country. One of the most common questions which always raised by interviewer on such occasions are «WHAT MAKES HIM SO RICH AND SUCCESSFUL"? Without hesitation, he answered "Selling Skills".
I believed that what he mentioned are not merely comprehensive knowledge on products and ability to come out with fancy marketing ideas. But, rather the fundamental of selling skills which knows your customers and fulfill what they need.
In the high speed of information technology, real estate agents must be aware that peoples are easily gaining a lot of access to different information. Thus, Agents will be facing stiff competition and paying considerable costs to tell the homeowners and sellers about their services. That is why, maintaining and servicing existing clients shall be an essential part of selling strategies. Real Estate agent must remember to not just listen to the customers' needs but always delight them with services that exceed their expectation. Few ways that can be done such as recommending best real estate lawyer in the town, providing list of loans' providers who offer competitive interest rate, constantly updating clients with real estate information and etc. With the rising awareness of peoples on wealth management, real estate agents may also see themselves as financial advisor to work closely with homeowners and sellers to achieve their retirement plan through property investing.
Here are some of the further guidelines1 that need to be known by sales person or real estate agents where I have extracted from an article published on local newspaper:
* You are the customer's guide;
* Believe that your product or service is worth selling;
* Be prepared with facts;
* Do not criticize the competition - it gives unpleasant tone to the sales conversation. People seem less trustworthy when they disparage others;
* Help the customer buy what he wants to buy - not what you feel he should buy;
* Believe in your own skills - confidence plus competence;
* As a salesman, you are only as good as the commitment you meet;
The article also highlighted the followings selling skills that are appropriate with today's competitive environment:
* Relationship selling Real Estate agents who learn how to make their customers like, trust and respect them providing extraordinary services and ways of delivering what they promise, will be propelled to a higher level of success;
* Partnership selling gets your customers actively involved in the sales process. If they are impressed by your services, they will help spread the good word about you and your company.