Reasons to Live in Beaufort South CarolinaTopic: Home buying
When talking to clients about living in Beaufort, I am always interested to learn the various reasons they have for moving to (or remaining in) Beaufort. During my years in the area I have probably heard hundreds of reasons, but in this article I've decided to narrow it down to the top ten reasons to people love to live in Beaufort:
1. "I love Activities on the Water!" With all the beaches, rivers and tidal creeks that lie in the Beaufort area, we often have to ask clients what kind of water activities they're looking for. Beachgoers love Hunting Island State Park for it's beautifully secluded beaches and picnic areas. If you're looking for seclusion, then maybe private beaches like Fripp Island or Harbor Island. Boaters who love to cruise or fish beware. Beaufort has so many inlet rivers and tidal creeks, you could have trouble exploring them all in a lifetime.
2. "We love this Quiet Little Town." I might hear this more than any reason people live in Beaufort. There are two types of Beaufortonians. The first is born and raised here. The second has moved here. No matter which, they all agree that they love the small town feel. In a time where most areas have far too much urban sprawl, Beaufort remains relatively unspoiled. I cannot count the clients that have moved from larger cities such as Atlanta and Charlotte. Big time development and gridlock traffic is something we here certainly don't miss.
3. "Lots of culture and history." Being the 2nd oldest town in South Carolina, Beaufort's history is still prominent today. Historic architecture, Gullah Culture, and past civil war monuments mark days gone by. Our history has paved the way for a lot of tourism. Residents and visitors alike enjoy taking carriage tours of the downtown historic district, touring the Penn Center, and viewing the Antebellum homes in the Old Point section of town.
4. "All the Festivals." You name it, we have a festival for it here. Among these are the Water, Soft Shell Crab, Shrimp, Gullah, Sea Music, and Film Festivals to name a few. The most famous is the Water Festival, which attracts tens of thousands. In a smaller town, it is great to have constant city organized events to go to. Seniors, families, and young love birds can all be seen in attendance.
5. "I'm ready to retire." CNN Money, Reuters, and Carolina Living all named Beaufort, South Carolina to it's top ten places to retire. Dataw Island is commonly referred to as Beaufort's best retirement community.
6. "It's a GREAT place to raise a family." Small town values and lack of big city distractions make the area a wonderful place to raise a family. Living in a small town makes a community tighter. The adults do more activities together, children grow up together forming with life-long friendships, and much of the big town mischief doesn't happen here. Families here also enjoy parks, festivals and boating activities held throughout the year.
7. "A good job market is important." While no big industry resides here, historic and resort tourism, real estate and medical centers provide a very low unemployment rate and lots of jobs. Beaufort Memorial, the resort islands of Harbor and Fripp, some of the prettiest property in the country all are part of what make the job market very strong.
8. "Wow, the weather!!" Mild climate is certainly one of the top reasons that clients move to Beaufort. In the 70s for around 6 months a year, I cannot imagine anywhere to top our weather.
9. "Lots of Southern Hospitality and Charm." The first thing I noticed when exploring the Beaufort area was how incredibly nice the people are. If you don't want to take my word for it, Southern Living readers have voted Beaufort the top Southern Small Town for 7 years in a row.
10. "All the Food!" One of the things people really love Beaufort is the food. Being a small town there are not thousands of restaurants like other big cities. What the town lacks in quantity is makes up for in quality. Unlike many cities, Beaufort hasn't turned into a strip mall of chain restaurants. On just about ever corner, there is a Mom n' Pop's eatery that will have your taste buds begging for more. The best part is it's all original. If you eat at Yes Thai Indeed, LT's County Cookin, or Bricks on Boundary you better enjoy it. Because you won't find these places any where else in the world. Delicious, original food is a Beaufort tradition.
Beaufort is a great place to live in. The reasons to live here are as varied as the people who give them. Beaufort attracts all kinds of people - singles as well as families, Northerners and native Southerners, younger and older people (and all the ages in between).
Please provide us with your opinion on this article:
My name is Aly. Would you have any interest to have your website here at greatrealtyusa.com promoted as a resource on our blog alychidesign.com ?
We are in the currently updating our do-follow broken link resources to include current and up to date resources for our readers.
If you may be interested in being included as a resource on our blog, please let me know.
it's been awhile but I've seen pics of ftarocy R D engineers from one of the Big 3 standing next to big block chain driven DOHC 4 valve per cylinder monsters from back in the day meant for NASCAR racing. Apparently these engines never made it to the track but I wonder where they are now. Hopefully someone saved these things. Do you have pics of your collection?
Really great article with very interesting information. You might want to follow up to this topic!?! 2012
Read all comments: 3