15 Strategies To Guarantee Your Home Gets SOLD!Topic: Home selling
The following strategies are working to get homes sold across the nation! Not every one of these strategies will be right for your home, and not all would be something you would consider. However, a few well-chosen ideas can make the difference in the sale of your house. Make sure to discuss these with a qualified agent who has experience and a track record of selling homes in a challenging market. If you are NOT MOTIVATED, you will not find these strategies as viable options and that is okay. These ideas are only for serious sellers that must sell their home in the next 90 days.
1) Price it carefully??¦meet with an experienced real estate agent who can help you analyze the market and position you to stand out from the pack. There is a lot of competition and you cannot afford to blend in with the hundreds or even thousands of homes for sale in your market.
2) Condition is critical in the sales process. As your agent for suggestions to improve the sale ability of your home and a possible recommendation for a home staging company. If your home lacks updates and you would consider your home just average, an average price will not be good enough.
3) Review with your agent carefully current market statistics, including the absorption rate of homes like yours in the area.
4) Don??™t list with an agent who hasn??™t been a full time Realtor with a proven track record of at least 10 years. Less experience than that means they won??™t have the experience you need in today??™s market. Ask for a list of the homes they have sold in the last year with names and phone numbers of the owners of at least five of them. Ask for permission to call them to see how their experience was. Think of this as a job interview and you are calling on that agents references. You cannot afford to make a mistake hiring the wrong agent in a declining market. It will cost you thousands of dollars.
5) Ask your agent for a written plan of action and strategies they will use to sell the home. Also, ask for a post-listing service plan.
6) If your home is not sold within two to three weeks, consider taking another look at the price. Most homes today that sell, do so within the first 30 days.
7) Make your home as accessible as possible. Showing it is an inconvenience; however, the one buyer you turn away may be the right one!
8) Vacate pets, clutter and any other distractions from the property. Make minor repairs.
9) If the home is not sold in 30 days, ask your agent to do a complete re-analysis and also present a new game plan.
10) Preview your competition with your agent, at least online if not in person.
11) If possible, try to work with the offers you get without countering. Buyers often walk away from counteroffers.
12) Consider making a reverse offer to an interested buyer, instead of waiting for them to make the first move.
13) Consider allowing your agent to disclose motivation in the remarks sections of the MLS. Buyers are looking for motivated sellers.
14) Consider offering increased commissions to the Buyers agent which will drive traffic to your home.
15) Consider offering to pay closing costs or other incentives to help your property stand out from the pack!
About the Author
The MARK Z. Real Estate Team is known and respected throughout the real estate industry for selling over 75 homes each year. You can search Michigan Homes for Sale and Milford Michigan Real Estate and view his Metro Detroit Real Estate Blog.